Zeta Tau Alpha does not condone underage drinking, excessive drinking or consumption of alcohol in ZTA housing, on ZTA property or during chapter activities. Alcoholic beverages may be served or consumed at Zeta Tau Alpha activities not held on ZTA property during the academic school year only after the chapter’s procedures to ensure compliance with Fraternity policy, state laws and university regulations have been received and acknowledged by the Province President or Director of New Chapters.
Because Zeta Tau Alpha realizes that drug abuse can be harmful to the individual, and because of concern for the well-being of all our members, the Fraternity does not condone the use of illegal drugs or the abuse of prescription drugs.
The policy applies to any individual or entity who creates or maintains a Zeta Tau Alpha Web site on behalf of a colony, chapter or an individual member, and any individual or entity using the Zeta Tau Alpha name or letters in Internet communications. Internet communications include e-mail accounts, mailing lists, bulletins, social networking sites, co-sharing sites, chat rooms, and discussion groups.
The policy states that all such Web sites and Internet communications must comply with all appropriate federal, state and local laws; college and university rules and regulations; National Panhellenic Conference rules and regulations; and the Zeta Tau Alpha Constitution and Bylaws and policies.
They may not:
- Defame, abuse, harass or threaten other individuals.
- Contain material that is obscene, pornographic, or otherwise offensive to a person of ordinary sensibilities.
- Include links to personal/commercial sites that are inconsistent with the values and standards of Zeta Tau Alpha.
- Include product endorsements or other personal/commercial advertising unless approved in writing by the National President.
- Include any copyrighted material from other sources or trademarks owned by third parties without the express written consent of the copyright or trademark owner.
- Include references to alcohol, illegal drugs or hazing with the exception of educational material about these issues.
- Use inappropriate language.
- Share sensitive Fraternity information (such as discussion of Rituals or information revealed to members through Rituals).
For safety and public concerns, members should avoid publishing personal information such as addresses, telephone numbers and personal calendars on the Web sites.
The Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity reserves the right to (although it shall be under no obligation to) remove links or access to sites that do not comply with these policies.