Zeta Tau Alpha's International Office is located in Indianapolis. ZTA’s mission is to “make a difference in the lives of our members by developing the potential of each individual through innovative programming, which emphasizes leadership development, service to others, academic achievement and continued personal growth for women, with a commitment to friendship and the future based on the sisterhood, values and traditions of the past.”
Our current openings include:
Position Title: Chapter Auditor
Reporting Relationship: Director of Finance
Position Status: Non-exempt, hourly, full-time
Position Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Position Summary: The Chapter Auditor monitors chapter finances to ensure chapters follow all financial polices determined by National Council.
- Accounting certificate or associates degree in accounting (or working toward)
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles: debits and credits; accounts receivable and payables; and journal entries
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office and 10-key calculator
- Customer-service oriented with strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail, specifically when transcribing information
Harm Reduction and Prevention Programming
- Audits monthly accounting reports—including checkbook journals, billing and receivables journals—to make sure chapters are following national policies and procedures. Prepares monthly and year-end journal entries.
- Prepares an annual budget for each chapter. Monitors finances and chapter spending throughout the year to ensure compliance and fiscal responsibility.
- Reviews chapter finances/transactions in Billhighway. Alerts officers, Director of Finance and Executive Director to unusual situations for action approval.
- Acts as the primary contact to chapter Treasurers. Responds to questions from Fraternity and chapter officers regarding chapter finances.
- Provides monthly correspondence, such as: audit letter, chapter delinquency letters, reduced fee letters, and other miscellaneous correspondence.
- Monitors alumnae accounts receivable by sending collection letters to members who have left the chapter owing a balance.
- Reviews individual housing contracts for accuracy and timeliness.
To apply: Please send a résumé and cover letter to Carrie Hoffeditz, Director of Operations & Personnel. The cover letter should include related experience, why the position would be a strong fit and salary requirements. Review of applicants will begin immediately.