National Hazing Prevention Week will be observed September 21-25, 2015. NHPW is dedicated to educating all college students about the effects of hazing and about steps to prevent it from happening. Zeta Tau Alpha is a Crown Level sponsor of HazingPrevention.Org and NHPW. We encourage all our chapters to participate in the annual NHPW activities held on their campuses.
To help spread awareness on campus and to prevent hazing during NHPW 2015, we encouraged members to:
- Help us cover social media with the #TheseHandsDontHaze photo challenge! Pledge your support by writing “ZTA” and your university name on your hands and posting a photo like the examples here. Remember to use #TheseHandsDontHaze and #NHPW15 when you post!
- Challenge your ZTA sisters, friends, student leaders, other organizations, faculty and staff to participate in the photo challenge, too! We’re trying to eradicate hazing in not just fraternities and sororities, but in ALL organizations! It’s easy to ask; we already wrote the letter for you to use.
- Check out our award-winning content on Tumblr with BuzzFeed-style listicles, quizzes and graphics to promote hazing prevention.
- Facilitate or attend a hazing prevention program, like a My Sister, My Responsibility: Preventing and Confronting Hazing workshop or a campus hazing prevention speaker. If you send a picture of the program in action to firstname.lastname@example.org, your chapter might win big! We will select one lucky chapter to win 20% off a bulk order at Crown & Co.
- Make sure all members know how to report hazing, using the ZTA-sponsored Anti-Hazing Hotline 1-888-NOT-HAZE.