National Hazing Prevention Week will be observed September 22-26, 2014. NHPW is dedicated to educating all college students about the effects of hazing and about steps to prevent it from happening. Zeta Tau Alpha is a Crown Level sponsor of HazingPrevention.Org and NHPW. We encourage all our chapters to participate in the annual NHPW activities held on their campuses.
To help spread awareness on campus and to prevent hazing during NHPW 2013, we encouraged members to:
- Check out our award-winning website, ZTAFeed, to see Buzzfeed-style lists to promote hazing prevention.
- Wear the "Do the right thing, for the right reason, all the time" buttons provided by ZTA. This was our NHPW campaign for 2013. Chapters encouraged all members to wear these around campus.
- Attach the "Do the right thing, for the right reason, all the time" keytags to your keys or backpack.
- Post the daily sample social media updates via Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Use the “Do the right thing, for the right reason, all the time” logo as your social media profile picture.
- Create and display a National Hazing Prevention Week banner outside their ZTA home or in another campus location. Chapters could submit a photo of the banner to email@example.com to enter in ZTA's banner contest!
- Hold a required My Sister, My Responsibility: Hazing Prevention & Education workshop during NHPW. Invite members from other chapters on campus to attend. (Resources on the Sisters Only site.)
- Share this special video message about the effects of hazing with members and others in the campus community.
- Make sure all members know how to report hazing (below), using the ZTA-sponsored Anti-Hazing Hotline 1-888-NOT-HAZE.