In 1954, a time when women’s opportunities were limited, Zeta Tau Alpha established its Foundation to offer financial support to members pursuing higher education. Since then, the Foundation has continued to assist Zetas in need, awarding 6,008 scholarships in 59 years.
While the Foundation has expanded its mission to support other philanthropic and educational programs, it remains whole-heartedly committed to the ZTA Scholarship Program. As educational costs rise, the number of scholarship applicants increases.
Thanks to contributions from Zeta Tau Alpha alumnae chapters, collegiate chapters, members and friends, the Foundation awarded $703,041 to 271 graduate and undergraduates in the 2014-2015 school year, bringing the total amount of funds awarded in two years to over $1.3 million.
The Foundation’s Scholarship Committee reviews applications and ranks them based on leadership in Zeta Tau Alpha, academic achievement (minimum GPA 2.9); active participation in chapter, campus and community activities; and financial need. Applications are due March 1.
Please check back in early January 2015 to apply for a Graduate or Undergraduate Scholarship.
– Nine grants at a minimum of $9,000 each are given annually to those pursuing a post-baccalaureate degree. These grants are funded through a combination of endowed monies and funds from the General Scholarship Fund.
– A scholarship minimum of $1,800, this award is established with $1,400 donated by the chapter or individuals funding it and $400 contributed from the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation. These scholarships can be designated for specific chapters, provinces or areas. Click here to download the Recognition Scholarship Commitment form.
– Given to both undergraduates and graduate students from annual contributions to the General Scholarship Fund.
– Available for those studying special education, social work or other health-related professions, the money for these scholarships comes from the Service Fund.
– Generally given in honor or in memory of a special Zeta, the interest generated by the specific fund each year is used to provide the scholarship. These scholarships vary in amount depending on the size of the endowment.